We are home. Nathan and I are doing great. After a long weekend, it was all worth it. He was born June 1st at 8:27am, weighing in at 8lbs, 7ozs and was 20 1/2 inches long. Here is my birth story:
Because I was overdue, my doctor scheduled me to come in on Friday May 30th to be induced. When we arrived at the hospital they checked me, and my cervix was still closed tight. SO they inserted Cervidil around 730pm, and will check me again in 12 hours. 7am rolled around and they removed the cervidil, they said I made NO progress. So I got cytotec inserted, and that started some contractions. About 5pm they attempted again to break my water (3rd attempt). After they broke my water I had an epidural. The doctor advised me that it would be best to have the epidural to relax me and let my body progress. I was also given pitocin to speed things up. Well I made lil progress over the next few hours, so they gave me more pitocin. And by 7am on Sunday they checked me again, and also advised me that I started to get a fever, and Nathans heart rate was up some, I was only dilated to 2.5-3, and effaced 80% with baby at -2 station. They then decided that with all the factors and me passing the 12 hour mark of my water breaking at 5am, that I needed to go with the c-section. They said I was not going to progress anymore and they didn't want to risk anything. This was what was best for me and the baby, so we went ahead and did it. I was So scared, but everyone was really great and in the end it was all worth it.
I will be posting more pictures soon. I am awaiting my new computer so I can download his pictures.
**********************************************************************************
He was born on 06/01/08 at 8:27am @ Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital.
He weighed 8 lbs and 7 ozs and was 20.50 inches long. He has brown fussy hair and blue eyes.
Nathan was named after my grandpa E, and brother Bryan. (It's their middle name)
Henry is after Kevin's dad, Henry (Hank)
Nathan's name means: Hebrew: Gift from God; The biblical Nathan was a prophet during the reigns of David and Solomon. Nathan Hale was a courageous American patriot and spy of the Revolutionary War, and one of America's earliest heroes.
In 1997 this was the number 35 chosen name in the US, Based on the 1990 US Census, Nathan was ranked the number 108 most popular Boys name in the US. Nathan ranked 40 in the top 1000 given names for births in the 1990's (January 1990-August 1999).
Nathan's birth sign is: Gemini



No comments:
Post a Comment