The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Really Slacking

I am really slacking on updates. I am so sorry. There just does not seem to be enough time in the day to get everything done I need to get done. Even at work, things have been steady so I haven't had time to hop on and give an update. Anyway.....

Nathan is doing VERY good. He has been released from therapy!!!!! We are extremely excited. His last day was October 9th. Andrea said he is doing amazing and eating everything she has thrown at him. She even gave him sour patch kids. She said it took awhile to eat it, but he did it with NO gagging. We are so proud of our little man. She wanted his last day to be October 14th to go over his discharge, but he got really sick. So she said we don't need to come back, she would just get the discharge papers together for us. We are really going to miss her, but did find her on facebook, so that is great. I am glad we can keep in touch.

Yup, Nathan was sick last week. He had a fever, and all he wanted to do was lay down, sleep or be held. It was a ruff week. The doctor said it's going around, and that it just has to run it's course. That is 1 plus about having that feeding tube. We just hooked him up during the day so he could get nutrition. He did not want to eat at all. He is doing better now, but now he is teething pretty bad again. A lot of his molars are coming in all at one time. He is extremely fussy, drooling a lot, and chewing everything. Plus he is not eating like he was prior to being sick. Poor baby.

Nathan is walking more and more. He has taken about 20 steps unassisted. The other day he walked from his bedroom all the way to the front room, without falling. He just needs to continue to work on his balance. I can't wait until he starts walking full time. He is getting to big to carry. Where did our lil baby go??? He is also becoming more vocal. Hasn't said anymore new words, but he talks his own language. It is so adorable. He also loves to play by himself at home. He keeps himself occupied for long periods of time. Which is nice because then I can get things done. He will go from playing in the front room, to playing in his bedroom. In is own little world. It is too adorable.

I am looking forward to the holidays coming up. For Halloween he is going to be a Peanut. I am so excited about that. I wanted him to be a peanut last year, but the costume did not come in his size. So this year, is the year of the Peanut. I will post pictures as soon as possible after the 31st. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving as well. I hope we cam get all the babies together this year. (Nathan, Adryan and my cousin's new baby Natalie) I am also super excited for Christmas. I am sad I won't see Matt, Kristal, and Adryan as this is their year to be at Kristal's parents, but we will make a day to get together to celebrate. Last year Nathan had just gotten out of the hospital (and returned the following day) and was not feeling well. This year I am hoping he doesn't get sick, and can just have a great time. We are going to spoil him again this year~lol I might as well admit it. I can't wait!!!!!

Well that's about it for now. I will update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment