Please Welcome Jordan Lynn to the Wood Family.
Kevin and I made it to the hospital at 6:30am for my scheduled C-section. After getting all prepped they walked with me to the OR. I was actually freaked out, having to walk in there and seeing all the tools and people that were there for my C. Plus it was freezing in there. I got on the table and they gave me my spinal. Once I laid down, I felt my whole lower half go numb. That made me a little nervous too. Once they made sure I was numb, they brought Kevin in the OR. I was so happy and relieved to see him. He was good at keeping me calm. We chatted about what I was feeling as I was staring at the clock, wondering when our daughter would be born. Then we hear them tell Kevin to look over the curtain to see her being born. He hesitated at first but did look over. There she was. I started to panic a little cause she wasn't crying. One of the doctor says that's normal, just give her a minute. Then all of a sudden.....here comes the cries. Kevin and I started crying as well.

Once they assessed her they brought her over so we could see her. I gave her hugs and kisses, then Kevin took her to the recovery room, where I would be shortly. I made sure this time I stayed awake. I couldn't wait to see and hold her in my arms. After they finished, they moved me to the gurney and wheeled me to recovery, where I could hear Jordan crying. Kevin said she hadn't stopped crying yet. But the minute he put her in my arms, she stopped and just stared at me. She must know I am her mommy.
After being in recovery for about an hour they took us to our room. It was about another 30 minutes or so, before we could have the family come in. Nathan was the first to see her, and he just loves his baby sissy. He especially loved the gift she gave him.
We had many visitors the first day. I was happy to see them all. I had a great night bonding with her, but I also really missed Nathan. I couldn't wait to get home and have both my kids together.
**********************************************************************************
She was born on 02/23/11 at 9:04am @ Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital.

She weighed 7 lbs and 13 ozs and was 20.25 inches long. She has red hair and blue eyes.
Jordan wasn't named after anybody. We wanted something different, but not too different. And we don't know anyone named Jordan. As for her middle name, I have always wanted my daughter to have the same middle name as me.
Jordan's name means: Hebrew: To flow downward; Jordan, the river in Palestine where Jesus was baptized, has been used as a given name since the Crusades.
Jordan's birth sign is: Pisces, just like her mommy's.



No comments:
Post a Comment