The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Doctor Appointment Yesterday

Yesterday Kevin and I had our monthy appointment. First up was the ultrasound. There were are few things that she had to check that she couldnt at the last ultrasound. We let her know when we first got in the room, that we did not want to know the sex. So as she was looking at everything she said peanut looks GREAT!!!!! Everything she needed to check came back 100%. We have a healthly little one. I got a little nervous though, cause she said the heartbeat was 147. I freaked out, and told her that its always been in the 160's, why was it so low. She said its completly normal, the bigger the baby gets the lower the heartrate goes. Peanut has a strong heartbeat. She even got printer happy, she took 9 pics total. 7 were 2D and 2 were 3D. The 3D ones were really hard to see. She said its because its still early and it makes it harder to see the baby with the 3D image. (I will post the pics later today or tonight) After the ultrasound appt. and as we were walking to a room I asked the tech. if by chance she seen if peanut was a boy or a girl (just curious) And she said because we said we didn't want to know, she didn't look. (Which was fine by me) Afer we were in the room the nurse came in and weighed me. I gained 1 pound. Took my blood pressure, and checked my sugar. (All good) Then Dr. Johnson came in, and measured my stomach, and listened to the heartbeat on the doppler. She said everything is right on track and peanut and I are doing great. That made me every happy. So all in all it was a great day and a great appointment.

My next appt. is Feb 20th and I have to have the glucose test. So I will be there for at least an hour. And I see a new doctor: Dr. Al-Jerdi. (I have to meet all the docs (4 total) because we will not know who is on call the day I go into labor.) I keep tellin peanut he/she has to come on a Tuesday. (thats the day I know 100% Dr. Johnson is on call, and I would love to have her deliver peanut. My friend Elke is the one who referred me to the office about months ago, and she informed me all of the staff is extremly nice. Well she wasnt wrong.