The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Doctors Appointment

I had another doctors appt today. All went well, and we are right on track. I have been concerned about my weight gain. (feel like I should weigh more) When I went in to the room, I asked what my weight was when I was here for my very first appt. Then the nurse weighed me. I have only gained 2 pounds since being pregnant. I mean don't get me wrong, I am happy to only have gained 2 so far, but was worried I was hurting the baby. Dr. Johnson came in, and I advised her that I am having A LOT of pressure just below my stomach, and she advised its normal, that its just my body preparing for labor and delivery. (YIKES!!!!! Its coming quick) Then I voiced my concern about the weight gain. She said that 2 pounds is fine. I am only gaining the baby weight, and losing weight in other places. She said that the guidelines have changed and that they want all woman to gain no more that 15-20 pounds. She measured my belly, and then I got to hear the heartbeat again. It is strong at 140bpm. Dr. Johnson said I am right on track. That this is a very healthly baby and pregnancy.

I can't believe that I only have 8 weeks to go (as of March 24th) Time has flew by, and I can't wait to see my LO. Not too much longer to go.