Well we had another appointment. Everything is right on track. I am measuring right on schedule. My BP was 118/80, and I gained 2 pounds. (I think 1 pound is from the dinner I ate 30 min. before~lol) We seen Dr. Al-Jerdi today, and he advised us that he will be on call Memorial Weekend when peanut is due. Now normally peanut sleeps through all our appts. Well yesterday was NOT the case. He/She was active ALL day, and it didn't stop at the appt. Dr. Al-Jerdi put the doppler on my belly to hear the heartbeat, which was strong. But as he was getting the bpm peanut decided to kick the doppler HARD, and the Dr. ALMOST dropped it. I was shocked!!! I mean peanut really kicked that thing. Dr. Al-Jerdi said WOW he must be having a party in there. I said I think so. The Dr. then moved the doppler to another part of my belly, and we could hear peanut kicking, and swimming in there. It was SO funny. I had to try to stay still so the Dr. could get the bpm. Finally he said, Sounds good, its at 156bpm. I asked him if that's normal since 2 weeks ago it was only 140bpm. He stated its completely normal. When they are active, the HP goes up. I am SO excited everything is on track. I can't wait until May. I so want to me Peanut!!!!
We also had our first childbirth class after our appt. It is a 4 week class on Wednesday's from 6:30-9pm. There is about 8 couples in our class. 5 couples are having girls and 3 couples (including us) do not know what we are having. How CRAZY is that!! No one who found out is having a boy. The nurse was like, well I think all of you surprise couples are going to have a boy!!!! Another funny thing is when we were announcing what we were having, we even sat down on opposite sides of the desk. (Girls on one side, and unknowns on the other w/the exception of 1 couple) It was too funny. So anywho after we introduced ourselves, the nurse started talking about how are bodies are doing right now. Then she talked about what real and false labor is like, and when we should come to the hospital. She explained to us what will go on in Triage when we arrive. Then she showed us come wiring that is used when and if they do internal monitoring. She passed the cords around, which Kevin had really no interesting in looking at, so he just handed them off to me. Then she passed around the tool they use to break your water. After she explained dilation, effacement, and stations we took a break then toured the maternity ward. I took a tour already, but it was real nice for Kevin to see it. He seemed really impressed by the rooms. They even explained how the babies will each have a monitor on their leg, that sounds an alarm if they are too close to the exit or if someone tries to tamper with it. (I think they call it huggies~not sure) I think every hospital should have this. To me Kevin seemed a lil confused about it, and I just said its like a lil tether for babies. Then he got it. Finally to end class for the night, we practiced our breathing techniques. It was very soothing and I know it will be very helpful when in labor. I just sat there in front of Kevin and practiced my breathing while Kevin rubbed my head, shoulders and back. I was SO relaxed I could have fallen asleep right then and there. The way home was pretty quiet. We were both tired and I was trying to nap while Kevin drove home. Well out of nowhere Kevin says "Ya know, I really hope your water breaks on its own." I was like "Oh really why?" So he proceeds to tell me, "Cause I don't want them to have to break it, with that orange peeler." OMG I could not stop laughing. I just thought that was the funniest thing. I mean if you think about it, it really looks like a orange peeler. That was just what I needed to hear after a long and exhausting day.

