The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Doctors Appointment & 3rd Childbirth Class

Well I had another appt. today. All is well. Kevin and I got there checked in, and off we went to the room. The nurse weighed me, and said I lost a pound. WHAT??? I dont know whats going on with that. I make sure I eat, so I the baby and I are never hungry and I am still losing. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, but I want to make sure I am not harming peanut. So as of today my weight gain since getting pregnant is 3 pounds. The nurse asked me if I was working out more, and I told her no. (But I was really thinking "Honey, I havent worked out since I found out I was pregnant~lol") She then took my BP and said it was good. Dr. Al-Jerdi then came in and read my stats and said all looks good. He measured my belly, and then grabbed the doppler to hear peanuts heartbeat. It was SO cool. I just love that sound. It was a lil harder to hear cause peanut kept kicking, but the Dr. said its strong and at 150bpm. He said we are right on for our due date of May 24th. He also told us he doesnt think we will have the baby earlier, it may even be later than the 24th. Your first pregnancy usually goes past the due date. I did question the weight gain again, and he said not to worry, baby is healthy and growing fine. He says if I keep it up, the baby will be about 7 to 8 pounds when born. My next appt is April 30th, and thats when they start the internal check up to see if I am progressing. After that I will be going in every week until birth.

Our class was pretty interesting today. We went over c-sections. They talked about when a c-section is needed, and how its preformed, and what to expect after. It was pretty scary actually. She did advise that for your first pregnancy they normally want you to try to deliver vaginally and if you can't they will do a c-section. Which I thought was kinda good, that way you can avoid surgery. There is a lot that happens during a c-section, and that its a long process. I was glad to get the info just in case, but I really dont think this will happen to me. (Thank god!!) Besides practicing our breathing techniques, we learned different positions for delivery. Some were very interesting and uncomfortable. Well next week is our last class, and I am really excited about it. They are going to talk about what happens and what to expect when its time to leave the hospital and head home. They will also show us how to bath a newborn. She said they will "borrow" someones baby, who just gave birth that day or day before and show us how its done. I am looking forward to seeing a lil newborn. Well thats it for me today.