My lil man is AMAZING. For the past few days I have been teaching Nathan how to open his hands to grab his duck rattle. I made sure I showed him how a few times a day. Well today we were out with grandma (my mom) and he was strapped in his car seat just relaxing so I showed him the rattle and then set it on his belly. All of a sudden he moved his hand down to his belly, felt for the toy, picked it up and put it to his mouth. I was SO proud of him. He did it all my himself. I was AMAZED. So of course I called and told Daddy. Once Kevin got home, he was holding Nathan, so I said "Nathan show daddy how you pickup your toy all by yourself" I put it in front of him, and sure enough he took it from me. He is getting SO big. Where did my lil one go???
Also for the past 2 weeks, I have been reading to him before bed. Last night Kevin was holding him and I asked if he wanted to read to him. He was like NO. (thinking I'm crazy for reading to a 2 month old) Well I went, picked out a book, and started reading. Nathan was watching my every move and listening to the words coming out. After I read him a page I would show him the pictures, and he would look at all the pages. I was focused solely on me and the book. Then when I was done, he yawned, and was ready for bed. So I gave him his binker, rocked him for a few minutes, and he went right to sleep. I am amazed by how much he does already. He is going to be a faster learner and a smart lil boy. We are truly blessed to have him.


No comments:
Post a Comment