I had the BEST first Mother's Day EVER!!!!! Kevin slept in Nathan's room the night before so I could sleep in. My plan was to sleep until noon. After all, I can't remember the last time I slept in that late. Well I was up by 9:30am, which is still late for me. I thought about just chillin in bed, but when I heard Nathan babbling, I had to see him. Kevin brought Nathan in and I got a HUGE hug and kiss from him. It was SO sweet. Then Kevin handed me a card he made me, and it was so swet. I have the best husband ever. Then Nathan gave me his card and a present. The card was super cute, and he gave me a "mommy and me" precious moments. I just love it.
After I got out of bed, I decided to give Nathan a bath. Since he has always hated baths, I decided to give him a sponge bath. Well as I am trying to clean him up, he kept trying to put hands in it. So I sat him up, to clean his back and he started splasing water EVERYWHERE!!! It was SO funny. Kevin came in and asked why the carpet was so wet, and why I didn't just put him in his tub. I explained it was because he always hated the bath. Well we ended up getting his tub out, and he absolutly LOVED it. He splashed and played until he turned purple from the water getting cold. We wanted to take a video but of course, the camera and camcorder batteries were dead. So this is the only shot we could get. Not too bad for a camera phone.

The afternoon came and Grandma & Grandpa (W) came by. (We were having a Mother's day BBQ, and they were the first to show up.) We took Nathan outside and he got to use his swing and slide for the first time. He just LOVED it!! He was laughing SO hard, and making all of us laugh to tears. I would love to show everyone one the videos, but it will not let me download them here because the file is too big. And I do not have the software to shorten it. He is also sitting up all by himself now. AND he can stand VERY well. (with support) But here are a few pictures of him from our Wonderful Mother's Day.

A little while later Grandma and Grandpa (S) came over along with Uncle Bryan. We had a nice BBQ. After we ate, the Wood grandparents left, and so did grandpa (S). Kevin and Bryan went in the basement and played darts, while Nathan entertained me and grandma (S). I brought out his little bucket with water and some toys to play with. Yeah, he got water EVERYWHERE. The carpet was soaked again, and he was soaked as well.~Lol It was a GREAT day, and I did not want it to end. We are very blessed to have Nathan in our lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment