The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

What a Great Weekend

We had a great weekend. Now that we got the feeding pump backpack, I can take him places and he can still get his 22hr feed. So Saturday Nathan and I got up and headed to a mom2mom sale. First we picked up grandma (S) then headed to the sale. I was able to use my new baby bjorn for the first time. (I got it at last weeks mom2mom sale for $15.00. It was just like new. And they go for $80.00 in the stores) We walked around for awhile, but I really didn't see anything that interested me. I did however get Nathan a toy for $2. And it was one of the best purchases I have made. It was a giraffe, with about 7 blocks. Each block had something different in them. He LOVES that toy. The blocks are small enough for him to hold, and he loves placing them inside the giraffe.

After the sale, mom and I went to pick up GGma and headed to Kmart. I was getting frustrated because his pump kept beeping, and when I finally gave up on it, and tried to flush Nathan's tube to stop the feed, I realized Nathan's tube was kinked. After fixing that Nathan and I headed to the toy department. About 2 minutes later, I heard Nathan going to the bathroom. "OH NO" I pulled his pants down some, and could just see it coming through the diaper. "YUCK" I rushed him to my mom, grabbed the car keys to get his diaper bag, and then rushed him to the restroom. (Man I should of just stayed home today) After cleaning him up and changing his clothes, we checked out and headed back to GGma's house.

Mom and I went to lunch afterwards. BD's Mongolian BBQ. I just love that place. It taste's SO yummy. After lunch we dropped mom off, and headed home. We were greeted by Kevin and grandpa W. We hung outside for a bit where Nathan finally said his first word. (See Fun Facts) Grandpa took Nathan for a LONG walk, and during the walk Nathan fell asleep. He slept until we got done with the lawn. All in all Saturday was an awesome day. And Nathan was in a awesome mood.

Sunday Nathan was up at 7:45am, which even though I was tired, I was kind of happy. That meant we had ALL day to hang out since Kevin was off work. We went into the front room, turned on Diego, and played with some toys. (We originally planned a trip to the zoo, but we thought the weather was supposed to be crappy) About 8:15am Kevin decided to lay back down, because he was tired and had a headache. So Nathan and I just played and watched cartoons in between his fussy fits. Kevin finally woke up about 11:15am. I was a little disappointed because we missed out on 3 hrs of family time.

We decided to take Nathan for a walk, when Kevin's dad called. He and Terri were on their way to come see us, so we waited on the walk until they got here. During the walk we all decided to head to the Dairy Queen. (Surprise, Surprise) Nathan had a few bites of his ice cream, then was done. Once we got home Nathan continued to be fussy, so instead of waiting the hour until dinner, (we were meeting family at Texas Roadhouse) we decided to leave and stop at a few stores on the way. He slept in the car until we made it to the restaurant. Dinner was excellent, but Nathan was SUPER fussy, and even had a few major crying spells. Not sure what is deal was today.

Once we returned home, we went for a walk to wine down for the night. We walked about a mile, and then chilled outside for a bit. I put Nathan on the grass for the first time, and he was a little unsure about it. He was trying to grab the grass, but couldn't pull it out of the ground.~Lol Then we practiced standing. He is doing SO much better. He can stand straight up, and even hold himself up for awhile. I still have to have my hands under his armpits, but I let him do all the work. He laid him in bed at 8pm, because he was fussy, but he didn't fall asleep until almost 9pm.

All in all, it was a GREAT weekend!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment