Wednesday, June 30, 2010
My first Prenatal Appointment
Had my first official appt. today. They did the usual exam, plus blood work. My blood pressure was good, but my weight…. Holy moly I gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I was shocked. I had only gained 3 total with Nathan. Dr. Al-jerdi didn’t say anything about my weight. He gave me a RX for an ultrasound for my nuchal translucency scan (NT scan) It can help predict the chances of Down syndrome or other genetic disorders in the baby. I told the Dr no matter what we are keeping our pumpkin. For me it’s a chance to see our little pumpkin. It is scheduled for Aug 2nd at 8:30am. I cannot wait. Dr. Al-Jerdi also asked me if I wanted to do my 1-hour glucose test today. I was a little shocked he asked since normally you have it around your 27 wk appt. He said that since Diabetes runs in the family he wants me tested early. I asked him of I could do it at the next appt. He said no problem. I also asked him since I am doing it now that means I don’t have to do it later? He looked at me, smiled and said “Um, no, you still have to do it later.” Hey I tried didn’t I? My next appt is July 28th.
Labels:
pumpkin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment