The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doctors Appointment

I had my glucose test done. But it was really embarassing. We got to the office and after I signed in they brought out the drink. It was lemon lime. (Yuck) So as I started drinking it, and Kevin was like "Chug it, come on you can slam that down" I kept telling him that I couldnt it was so sweet and gross. Plus it was hard cause the lobby was full and the nurse was staring at me, so she can start my time. (It puts a lot of pressure on me) So finally there was a lil bit left and I decided to down it. Well right after I swallowed it, I needed to cough. (I have a bad cold) Well instead of coughing I let out this LOUD belch. It was so gross and embarrasing. Kevin is cracking up, and everyone was just staring at me. And the nurse thought I was going to throw up on her. I laughed it off, but I was so embarrased I just wanted to run and hide.

Now more than ever I pray that I pass the test. I DO NOT want to go through that again. And if I do, they are putting me in a room when I have to drink that crap. Keep your fingers cross, I do not have to take it again.

I was SO happy that they called me to the back for my appt. I couldnt stay out there much longer. So we go into the back and they weighed me. (It was the same as last month, which means I have only gained about 2-3 lbs since becoming PG) They took my BP which was good (124/80) We met another docotor today and his name was Dr. Al-Jerdi. He was super nice. I really liked him. He measured my belly and he said I am right on track. Then we got to hear peanuts heartbeat. He found it right away. Peanuts HB was at 146bpm. I never get tired of hearing that, it sounds SO sweet.

He then advised us that our appts are now going to be every 2 weeks. I was shocked. EVERY 2 WEEKS!!!!!!! That means time is really winding down. YIKES!!!! I am SO not ready for this. So my next appt is March 5th.