I think Nathan is doing great!!!!! I do think he is teething because he is chewing the crap out of his fingers, and was VERY fussy over the weekend. It's hard to tell 100% because he will not let me check inside his mouth. He also has had a runny nose for the past few days. I hope its because of the teething, and that he is not getting a cold. His stomach has been upset for a few days, so he has not been on a constant 24 hr feeding schedule either. We did just bump up the feeds from 42ml/hr to 45 ml/hr. So far so good. He has an appointment this Thursday (tomorrow) with the GI. So Kevin and Nathan are going to pick me up from work, and we will head down to Children's. I hope his favorite nurses will be working Thursday, so he can go and say HI. We really miss them.
Remember ladies, Nathan's party is June 6th at 1pm. It would be great if you all could make it. If you want to come, send me an email at roosbratt@comcast.net and I will give you our address and directions.
I do think he is getting stronger everyday. He is trying to get himself in the sitting position when he is laying on the floor. And when we do sit him on the floor, he seems to be balancing himself up a little longer. Every once in awhile he will roll on his belly, and try to get to the crawl position. I think he is finally starting to come along. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
We have been taking Nathan on a lot of walks. In his wagon or stroller. He has been loving every second of it. He loves being outside. I just wish the weather would stay warm. We took Nathan to the DQ for the first time, and bought him a ice cream cone. It was SO funny, watching him eat the ice cream. I have been trying to upload the video, but I think the file is too big. I do have them posted on facebook, so here are the links to the video. I hope you are able to watch them. If not let me know, and I will see how to fix it.
Video #1
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=680425806&ref=profile#/video/video.php?v=82151045806
Video #2
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=680425806&ref=profile#/video/video.php?v=82201050806
I am going to talk to the GI and dietitian tomorrow about the 24hr feeds. We really need to have him off the pump more, so he can feel hungry, and want more jar food. Right now we offer him food, but he will only eat MAYBE 10 bites at a time. I did however reintroduce veggies to him. So far we are back to liking squash and sweet potatoes. I think I may try carrots tonight. Also Kevin and I are taking Nathan to Frankenmuth May 13th-15th, since our Anniversary is the 14th. And I want to be able to have him unhooked, so we can walk the town, or play downstairs. I also have to ask about the pool. If he can go in or not. I think the answer will be no. But it doesn't hurt to ask. I am SO excited to get away for a bit next month. It is very much needed, for all of us. I just hope we have enough room in our car. We have to take SO much for Nathan. Here is a short list: Stroller, pack n play, oxygen, IV pole, feeding pump, his bag of clothes, diaper bag, our bag of clothes,and a few other things. It's going to be tight, but I think we will manage. Well that's about it for now. Stay Tuned....more updates to come.
Kevin and I wanted to take Nathan to the zoo Sunday, but its only going to be 62 and mostly cloudy. I think it may be a little to cool yet. And I know Nathan is supposed to be on a 24 hr feeding schedule, but it's SO hard. We want to take him out and do things with him. It's hard being cooped up in the house all day and night. I mean don't get me wrong, for the most part Nathan is hooked up, but there are a few occasions where we go out for a bit. For instance: Sunday, he was Fussy ALL morning, not to mention did not sleep at all Saturday night. So I decided we needed a change of scenery. I took Nathan up to Kevin's work, and we walked around for awhile. We even grabbed some awesome lemonade and pretzels from the mall. He LOVED them, and did really well eating them. The last piece he ate though, he gagged some. It was a little scary because we were at the mall, and out of our element, but Kevin and I handled it just fine. After that I took Nathan home and he was as happy as can be. I think he needs to get out every once in awhile.


No comments:
Post a Comment