Friday, April 3rd 2009
Nathan was in a pretty good mood today. He had to have his IV re-done though which was horrible. I hate seeing him cry. It is now in his hand, and he does not seem to mind it too much. Uncle Bryan was up there and stayed for a good long time, which made Nathan extremely happy. The infectious disease (ID) doctors came in and said that they concluded he had a staff infection. As of Thursday, it was NOT in this blood stream anymore, but still at his incision site. They said he will have to be on IV medications for 2 weeks to take care of the infection. (When we were told my the peds doc, we may go home this coming week) so I asked: "So what you are saying is, we WILL be here another 2 weeks?) To which the male doc said "YES" and the female doc was dancing around the issue. I said: "LOOK, If we have to be here another 2 weeks to make sure Nathan is all better, I am fine with that. Just tell me yes, and not well we will see" I didn't get anymore from her. Guess I will wait to see the doctors tomorrow.
My mom stayed the night with me since Kevin was in Ohio to see Mark for the night. It was a VERY rough night. Those alarms would not shut up. If it wasn't one alarm, it was another. We were ready to throw them all out the window. Nathan didn't seem to mind them though~lol. Needless to say it was a LONG night.
Saturday, April 4th 2009
Mom and I were like zombies this morning. After Nathan had his antibiotic, Yohlan took his IV attachment off, so we could take him for a walk in the wagon. We headed downstairs for breakfast. Nathan was happy to get out of the room. After breakfast we headed back upstairs, and I put in Toy Story 2 for Nathan to watch. I had decided since my mom was here, and Nathan fell asleep, that I would run home and do laundry for the up coming week. So I left about 9:45am so I could hurry get done and come up. Kevin called and was just leaving Mark's and was going to stop at the hospital then to work. I told him I should be back to the hospital before he left for work. I got home started the laundry, loved the cats, and went through the mail. (That was horrible) After the mail I chilled and tried to catch up on watching some DVR shows. After I got the last load into the dryer, I hopped into the shower. (What a feeling it is taking a shower in your own home. The hospital one is not bad, but it's not the same.)
I called mom to check on Nathan, and she said he did very well. She said the doctors came in and said they have not gotten back his results from the muscle biopsy, and that they didn't think Nathan would be in here for 2 more weeks. They said they would talk to the ID docs and see what we can do. Before coming back to the hospital, I stopped and grabbed food for everyone. Kevin beat me to the hospital, but came back out to help me carry stuff in. After he left for work I took a nap while mom watched Nathan. Mom stayed until after 7 then headed home, so Nathan I hung out for a bit, then we headed to bed around 9:45pm. It was a good night. Only 1 alarm went off the whole night. So I got a pretty good nights sleep. And I think he got a great night sleep too.
Sunday, April 5th 2009
First of all:
Happy 25th Birthday Bryan!!!!!!
We got up about 8:30am, and Kim disconnected his IV and feed, so I decided to take Nathan for a nice long walk. We headed to the first floor, and sat in the Pistons corner, and watch as the outside past us by. It was a close to the outside that he has been to in a long time. As we were chillin there, we seen Dr. El-baba coming into work. He came by and we talked for a bit. He was SO happy to see Nathan, as Nathan was to see him. I really think they have a special bond. Afterwards we headed to see his fishies, then back to the room, since it was time for his meds. After his meds, we just hung out and watched cartoons. Mom and Bryan came up to see us, and boy was Nathan happy to see his Uncle. He could care less that Grandma was there.~Lol After a little while Nathan wanted his grandma, and they played for a bit, and then he fell asleep on her. I was falling asleep myself, and was hoping to sleep, when my mom and Bryan left, but Nathan woke up. So I decided Nathan and I would play on the air bed for a bit. We had a lot of fun.
Oh did I mention, he has been off the oxygen since the early morning? He stayed about 95% all day. I was so proud. We saw a few more docs, but they are still saying the same thing. They have to get with the ID people to see what's going on. About 5pm Julie, Angela, Marilyn and the kids came up to see Nathan. It was nice to see them for a bit. They left about 7:15pm, and that's about when Kevin showed up. We greeted him at the elevator, then headed for a walk. Took Nathan to see his fishies, and then headed to Subway for dinner. Once back in the room, our night nurse Carmen (so sweet) came in and took vitals and stuff. After dinner, Kevin hopped on the computer, and I held and played with Nathan. After a bit, he got tired and fell asleep on me, so I laid him in bed. He did AWESOME last night. He did not need his oxygen at all. We were thrilled. That means his lungs are improving.
Monday, April 6th 2009
Not much to type here since it's only 2:30pm, and I have been at work since 6:30am. I woke up this morning to SNOW. You heard right..SNOW!!!!! I can't believe it. And living at a hospital I don't have access to my winter stuff. So I left the hospital in a sweater, and ballet flats. Luckily I'm in the parking garage, so I didn't have to clean my car off. On the way I seen a lot of cars in the ditch, and just couldn't believe it. I mean the roads were NOT that bad, if you weren't stupid. Apparently they don't know how to drive.
Kevin called me and said we have Sara again. YAY!!!! I just love her, and so does Nathan. She would take him home if she could. Kevin said the pediatric doctors came in and gave us a game plan. Basically they want him on IV antibiotics for another 3 days, and then want to monitor his weight for another 3 days after that. So we will be here until next week.
I am so SAD. I know its best for him, but its another holiday in the hospital. He missed meeting Santa, and now he is going to miss the Easter bunny. I am SO sad. But I am sure the easter bunny will come up to the hospital to bring him a gift.
***That is it for now. I will post more a little later***


No comments:
Post a Comment