Well the call I have been dreading. The results of my 3-hour glucose test are back and well I have Gestational Diabetes. I am just crushed. I have to make an appt with the Dietitian and will be on a strict diet. They will be closely monitoring us, and I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day. AHHHHH...I am not looking forward to poking myself 4 times a day.
Even though I know this is what is best for me and pumpkin, and I am grateful they caught it early. I don’t want to know what would have happened if it went undetected. I am super bummed that I have to go through this. But I am looking at the bright side. Baby and I will be healthy. That is the most important thing. I’m also looking at this as a great weight loss program ~lol (A friend of mine her neighbor had the same thing when she was pregnant and she lost 48 pounds in her pregnancy. Not that I am hoping to lose weight or anything. If it happens it will be a bonus. Don’t want to harm baby in anyway)


No comments:
Post a Comment