I hope everyone had a excellent Christmas!!!! And I hope you all havea happy new year.
It was very nice having Nathan home for Christmas. He was still battling a cold, so he slept most of the day. But he did get to open a few gifts. He got a lot of stuff.
Just to let everyone know that today Nathan woke us up gagging from all the flem he had from the cold he has been battling the last few days, and threw up most of his formula. I was concerned that he had aspirated, so I decided to take him to the ER, just to get him checked out. I am really glad I listened to my gut. He had aspirated some, and after all the blood work, and x-rayscame back they said Nathan has RSV. It is a respiratory viral infection. They did admit him AGAIN!!!! He is on antibiotics for the aspiration, and on oxygen and being monitor for the RSV. They say it is the time of year for it in kids, and its harder for them to get rid of it. I guess there are like 15 kids on this floor who have it. With the RSV, he can't be in contact with any other kids, so we have our own room, which is one nice thing. We are hoping he will be coming home Monday or Tuesday.


No comments:
Post a Comment