The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Update

Well last night was the first night for the continous 10 hour feed. Nathan did great!!!!! He woke up maybe twice, but slept pretty good. He never threw up during the feed. That is definilty a plus. The feed was over at 7:30am. Then at 9:30am he was actinglike he was really hungry. So I made him a bottle and some oatmeal. He ate pretty well, but then we threw it up. I just think that his belly was over full. That was the only time he threw up. We had a pretty up and down day today. He was crabby for awhile, but had his good mood moments.

We got the "official" results from the MRI and that came back PERFECT!!! Dr. Holtrop came in and was talking about doing the GJ tube, and/or doing the surgery that closes that flap in his throat that caused the reflux. But after taking awhile to think about it, they have decided to not do either of them at the moment. She said that if we can get this controlled with medication, they would rather forgo surgery. She said they are looking to send us home tomorrow, if Nathan does well over night, and gains more weight. I really hope we can go home tomorrow. We are SO ready to get out of here. 16 days is WAY to long.

We got a voice mail from the people who deliver all of Nathan's supplies, and they said they were already at the house with the stuff. So I called back and let them know, we were still in the hospital. They said they wanted to deliver everything today, instead of the weekend. I let them know why can go back to the house in the next hour or so, and I would have my dad come by and receive everything. They agreed to that. I called the house and my dad said he would go over there and get the stuff. They also have a nurse on call for us, so whenever we get discharged she will come over to help us get set up.

We are praying we can go home tomorrow, and if that is the case, I plan on sleeping ALL DAY Sunday.~Lol Kevin is taking the bulk of our stuff to the car tonight, so we won't have a lot to take out Saturday or Sunday.

Well that is it for now, I hope to report on the next post that we are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment