The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Monday and Tuesday Update

Monday, December 15, 2008

Well today Nathan was at his highest weight ever. That made us happy, but he is still throwing up, and on the oxygen. Kevin is off today, so I went into work. I only have 2 more FMLA days left. Once I got to work, I sent an email to our HR manager, to see if there is anything else I can do. I gave him a brief summary of what is going on. I also let him know I love my job there, and don't want to lose it. I am hoping he will meet with me and give me some options, that will work for us. I guess only time will tell.

Kevin said Nathan had a pretty good day. Throwing up aside, he was in a good mood. Kevin texted me later in the day, and said that the Detroit Pistons were up at the hospital and wanted to know if one of them could meet Nathan. Um, of course!!!!!! I was hoping I could make it up there beforehand, but I didn't. Nathan got his picture taken with the Piston (Walter Hermann) and he gave him a stuffed animal wearing a Pistons bib. It was SO sweet. We of course got a couple pictures. They even took a Polaroid shot and he signed it. That was so nice of them to take time to come up here.

Later in the evening I was holding Nathan, and Kevin was talking to him, and a worker came in our room with balloons and said this is for room 631. Well I never thought they were for us, so I asked bed 1 or 2. He said 1. I was shocked, said thank you, and received the gift. So as I am holding Nathan, Kevin proceeds to open the gift. Besides the balloons, there was this adorable teddy bear. It made Nathan very happy. I opened the card and started crying. (Happy tears) It was from The Brown family. Julia was my birth buddy from babyfit. Babyfit is a website that I have been on since trying to conceive. It brings others together who are TTC, pregnant, or are already mommies. They are there for support, and to answer any questions needed. Well Julia was on my May mommy team. We were both due around the same time, and basically went through our whole pregnancy together. Toward the end the team made up a birth buddy list, were we would exchange numbers, and when one of us would go into labor, we would inform our buddy, and they would inform the group. I got paired with Julia. She is such a sweetheart, and to take the time and money to give Nathan a gift during this ruff time is unbelievable. So thank you so very much Julia. You are the best.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I woke up sicker than ever this morning, but still decided to go to work. So I got Nathan's bottle ready, ran to the bathroom got dressed for work, and headed back to the room. Once the bottle was ready I picked Nathan up, sat in the chair and all of a sudden with no warning Nathan threw up all over me. After the nurse came in, she told us not to feed him, and she would talk to the doctor. So after I changed my clothes, I called work to let them know that I was going to be late that I had to run home and get new work clothes. After talking with Dr. Ferguson, I decided it would probably be better if I stayed here, so I can get more info from the doctors. After awhile, I left the hospital because I had to run to the bank, and the post office. Kevin also ordered me to stay home to get some rest, since I have been running on fumes. I did take a long nap, which felt great. I feel slightly better, but not really. Before returning to the hospital my friend Shelley came by to bring me some cookies, and even brought a gift for Nathan. It was so sweet of her. She even offered to take my laundry home with her, do it, and bring it back tomorrow. I declined, but it was so nice of her to offer. I just love my mommy group. I left the house about 5pm and seen that it had already started snowing. I didn't get back to the hospital until about 7:15. The weather and roads were horrible. I couldn't do more than 35 on the freeway. But I made it safe!!!

Once I got back Kevin gave me a update on what's next. They are doing a MRI tomorrow to rule out anything neurological. They are also taking more blood work tomorrow. They are testing for MD, even though they think it will be negative. They also gave us some more things that may work. One is surgery related. We are still taking things day by day. So we will see what happens with the MRI tomorrow. I am going into work, and leaving about 1:30pm. The MRI is at 2:30. I will update tomorrow night.

Good Night everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment