The Wood Family

The Wood Family
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tuesday & Wednesday Update

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Well Today was the first day I went to work since Nathan has been in the hospital. It was VERY hard to leave. Before I went to work, the nurse came in to weigh him and again he lost. He weighed 12 pounds 4 ounces. He is still throwing up, and we don't know why. Now it is a waiting game. We have to wait for the doctors to come in before we know what the next step is. So I got to work, and everyone came up to me to ask for an update. I let them know what is going on, and then I got some things together and started work. There is not much for me, since nothing has come over from Ford's. Kristal called me in the morning, and we talked about Nathan and his progress. So I tried to do a little research online, but didn't come up with much. I am not sure what I am looking for. Kevin called me a few times, and I got to hear Nathan talking. Man I miss him already. I did not want to be at work.

Kevin said the Lactation consultant came in to watch Nathan at his feeding. She said his upper lip is tight, and we can do some exercise to help that. (What kind of exercise can be done, who knows??) She also said his lower lip is perfect, and he has weak cheeks. (Lol) I guess she is going to work with him to help him suck the bottle better. Later in the day about 2:45pm Kevin said Dr. El-baba came in and said he ordered the scope for tomorrow. They will down his throat with the scope then take a small biopsy. As much as I want everything to be okay, I am hoping they can't find the issue and fix it. I guess only time will tell. Also while Melissa was holding Nathan, I guess he sneezed and coughed at the same time, and the tube came out. So they had to remove that tube, and place a new one down. I feel so bad for him. He shouldn't have to go through that again.

After work, I stopped and grabbed a bite to eat, then headed up to the hospital. WOW I didn't realize rush hour is SO bad~lol But it was nice to clear my head. I got up here about 5:40pm. He was SO happy to see his momma. I let Kevin rest most of the night, cause he came down this the Diego flu. (There was this child we shared a room with named Diego that was sick, and well ever since then everyone got it. Me, Kevin, Mom, Dad, Bryan, Hank, Terri) We are just getting anxious about the scope tomorrow. (They classify it as a surgery) The anastegiolist came in and asked a bunch of questions, and advised we have to stop feeding him at 1:00am. Kevin and I must have been SO exhausted, cause the nurse took most of the evening feedings. We really like Charlene, she is great.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nathans last feeding was at 1am. I guess he did not throw up his food, which is a great thing. But he did throw up some mucus about 5:30am. Then he got weighed, and wouldn't you know it, he lost. He weighed in at 12 pounds 1 ounce. They said its cause he stopped eating early. After he was weighed we all went back to sleep. I don't think we got up until 8:45pm. They came to get him for the scope around 9:30am. We went down stairs and talked to the antegiolist some more, and they gave us an idea about how long the procedure was going to take. Afterwards we said our good byes, and went to the waiting room. Dr. El-baba came out about 10:20am and let us know Nathan did great. And guess what??? There are NO blockages. Everything looks good. We even got a picture as a souvenir. He is just stumped and doesn't understand what it could be. The next step is to get the results of the biopsy tomorrow, then we will go from there. He said that what will probably end up happening is they will put the G tube through the stomach on Friday, and take out the NG tube. He thinks that maybe that will help him from not throwing up, since there will be nothing irritating him. The tube will probably stay in for a few months, and he will be here in the hospital for about another week. I guess we will know more tomorrow.

Since we were not allowed in the recovery room, we ran to Subway (in another hospital) Nathan was back up about 10 minutes after we got back from subway. He looked so peaceful, and was sound asleep. Once he woke up, we were allowed to give him pedilite. If he could keeep that down, he can have his formula again. Well he chugged down 3 ounces, and so far its staying down. He is now again asleep, and I hope he sleeps for awhile, because he relly needs to rest. Kevin went back to work this afternoon, so Melissa is staying up here with me for the night. I am hoping Kevin will so home after work, and get some rest. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment