Friday, March 13, 2009
Change of Plans
We got some news I am not happy about. Kevin met with the surgeons today, and they informed us, they will not being doing the surgery. They do not feel Nathan is strong enough to have the surgery, even though all the specialist think he is. SO instead they are going to be doing the J tube beginning of next week. They feel that this will help strengthen Nathan for the fundoplication surgery. So Nathan will have the J tube for about 2 weeks, and if he shows a daily weight gain, then they will proceed with the other surgery. And while he is under, they will change the J tube back to the G tube. I am sure this is what is best for him, but it pisses me off that they are now doing 2 surgeries. They advised us that if Nathan does well, and can keep his oxygen up to a decent level, we can take him home but on oxygen. So at least he does not have to stay in the hospital until the next surgery. Kevin also told them that they need to give him is own private room after he is out of ICU from bother surgeries. Kevin told them that he does not rest well if he hears another baby or child cry. They said they will do what they have to, and assured us it should not be a problem. They also told him that after the fundoplication he should only need the G tube in for a few weeks to a month. That makes me happy, so maybe EVERYTHING will be taken care of before his first birthday. (Man I hope so) Because I was not there to discuss this new plan, Kevin would not agree to the surgery. So the doctors and surgeons will be in tomorrow to talk to me, and get the go ahead. So as much as I don't agree with having both surgeries, I guess it is for the best, and I will give them the go ahead. I will keep everyone updated the best I can. Have a good weekend everyone.
Labels:
FTT,
Hospital,
N 0-12 months,
Nathan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment